Wednesday, February 18, 2009

anything can be

This past week has involved a lot of thinking, analyzing, deep emotional digging, and tears. I have been forced to deal with things I never asked, "WHY?!" about and then forced to answer them...Now I am trying to overcome them. It's sad. It's uncomfortable. It's disappointing. It's terrifying.

There are two people whom I love very much in this world and I owe them everything. But. I am 25 now. It's time for me to stop seeking their approval, and to start seeking my own approval. 

listen to the mustnts,child,
listen to the donts
listen to the shouldnts,
the impossibles,
the wonts
listen to the never haves,
then listen close to me...
anything can happen, child,
anything can be.
-Shel Silverstein via iCiNG (Thank you Gala Darling. Your timing is dead on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment