Friday, February 6, 2009

Just some thoughts...

Today I attended my first ever pilates class. Surprisingly enough, it really challeneged my legs. As a runner, I think my legs are the strongest part of my body...Not strong enough apparently. I'm going to try to go to this class at least once a week. Tomorrow, it's yoga!

I also noticed that I am currently running a mile in 9:40 minutes at 6.0 to 6.8 intervals. I'm going to start keeping track of this and see how much it improves month by month.


Also....I am extremely thankful for my brothers. I'm lucky enough to have three of them.


This is my big brother Josh. We're only a year an a half apart and we're totally night and day. When we were little I wanted to be him, and I still think he's an extremely amazing and heroic person. He joined the Navy exactly 2 days before 9/11 and continues to serve in the Army as a guard at Guantanamo Bay. He's always the one to tell me like it is, no filters, no b.s., even if it makes me cry...But most importantly, when I do cry, he's always there offering his shoulder.


This is my little brother, Paul. Now, all of my brother's are absolutely adorable but this kid is just too damn charming. I think he could smooth talk his way out of any situation...If not, he could sure make you laugh about it. He doesn't like a lot of people to know this either, but he has a huge heart. One time he called me just because he "had a bad feeling and thought I might need him." He'll do anything for anyone, and try to cover up his tracks along the way.

This is my littlest bro bro, Joey/Joe Joe/ Wilby. He is just a blue eyed, good hearted, adorable, sweetheart. He's the only sibling of mine to have our Grandpa's blue eyes which make him that much more adorable. I think he's the funniest of my brother's. With the exception of his quick wit and humor, I think we're the most alike. He's a little shy and musical (He won't admit it but he's really good at beat boxing).
Those are my bros. I love them. In writing this, I've had to keep from crying the entire time.
I was the only girl amongst the 3 of them until I was 12 (Then little Molls came along and everyone knows how much I love my baby sister). Because of them (and of course my parents) I had the best childhood of making huge mud puddles with the intention of completely immursing ourselves in mud; building forts every single weekend; spending Friday nights playing football with the neighbors; camping in the back yard; bike riding everywhere; turning every chore into some form of mischief; and so so so much more.
I have also been told that my best qualities are patience, honesty, and bluntness. I couldn't have obtained any of that without them.
Thanks, guys.
P.S. The last time I was home, my brother, Paul, mentioned that in comparison to his friends and their siblings-we seem to be so much closer. He said that he knows that no matter what, if he needed any one of us, we would all drop everything to help him.
I feel the same way- I first noticed it when our Grandpa passed away last year. At the visitation and the funeral I felt like we all stuck together and were constantly checking in with one another. And me, being the emotional one, always had someone's shoulders to hide my sobbing face in. I hope and prey it never changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment